Friday 2 June 2017

#mygardenrightnow

So as some of you will remember from my previous #mygardenrightnow post, my own garden causes me far more anguish than any of the 39 gardens I support with Incredible Edible Bristol. A mix of it being a rental, my want for it to be perfect and the expectation I feel people will have all conspires against me often, and almost stops progress. However, there has been progress in the last few weeks.
This corner borders the lower own which sounds very grand but I promise you isn't, and is made up of perennial fruit and veg, herbs and edible flowers. With a self sown foxglove that is just too beautiful to remove!

Until 3 weeks ago I was growing 2 small gardens in the garden for RHS Malvern, but now that plant material has gone, and I have had a little more time, the garden has been tidied, planting has taken place and I am feeling a bit more on top of things, so rather than waffling on, here are a few photos.......
It's occurred to me that I have managed not to get a photo of myself in any of these!! Never mind eh?!

Last year this was one foxglove and now it's turning into a nectar bank for bees. They were all over the alliums and have now moved next door to the foxgloves. Soon there will be lots of wild carrots, clary sage and dahlias too.

Funny how you turn i to your mother. I have spent years saying roses are too much work but when they flower they make me realise how important they are to me in the garden!

First tomato nearly there. I'm keeping tomatoes at home, literally just outside the back door to see how far they get before the dreaded blight appears.

No garden is complete without poppies for me and this one is brilliant-bought as a 9cm pot last year it has now been flowering non stop for 3 weeks and there are plenty more buds to come.

6 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous Sara. And fruitful - gosh your first tomatoes on the way - envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah don't be envious-they are on a grafted plant that I was given and so are a good few weeks early. All my others are being knocked about in this terrible wind......

      Delete
  2. It's funny how our tastes change isn't it Sara? You're growing roses and I'm contemplating irises! I'm sure the internet and the garden blogging community in particular is helping us to learn about plants we'd usually dismiss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny. Often I think something isn't for me and then I find a new cultivar of said species and I am in love! Hydrangeas being the prime example. mopeds I can leave but paniculatas make my knees go weak!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Roses, and your tomatoes look good!
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Sorry for the tardy reply-I have been away for the weekend and had almost zero wifi!!

      Delete